Welcome to George Rose Guide Service

This blog is simply short events, pictures, and funny things that happen in the day-to-day life of a fishing guide in the ROCKPORT, PORT ARANSAS, AND CORPUS CHRISTI AREA. There's nothing on here that isn't fishing or duck hunting. If you have a question you want me to answer, please email me from my website at http://www.texascoastfishing.com/. I'll answer all I can. Anything is fair game from what kind of boats are best, where fish are biting, you fished with me and hate my guts ( I probably hate your guts too and maybe we can work it out). Anyway, I'll keep up as best I can. Please remember I work a lot and have to answer customer emails, phone messages, and keep boats running. Thanks and I hope you enjoy what you find here.

Please note, you can click on any picture and enlarge it if it's too small. Also, scroll down to see the older blogs. I'm getting emails asking where the stories and pictures are. They are further down. I'm not great at this blogging so keep letting me know if you're not seeing what you want. I'll get one of my kids to fix it, lol. Thanks, and I hope you're enjoying the info on here.






Tuesday, July 1, 2014

What a shame that I have to post this.  Will Myers and Pole, Paddle and Wade or some group like that. is accusing me of running across the Light House Lakes and scaring his fish.  Funny thing is the air boat in the video is not me.  Another funny thing is his post is June 4th and I haven't been in my air boat since May (early May).  The last funny thing is I haven't run my air boat in the Light House Lakes since 2012.  Long time ago.  If you're going to bash me, make sure it's me.  Luckily, I have a very good customer who loves to fish from an air boat.  He's an attorney.  He seems to like Mr. Myers's post and thinks Mr. Myers has crossed a line here.  Let's see what happens in the next few weeks.

I'm sick of the complaining about air boats.  I run two boats.  An air boat and a bay boat.  I can catch fish from either boat.  However, the air boat is sometimes better for certain customers.  Some have trouble standing for long periods of time and the air boats have seats.  One of my customers has cancer.  He can't handle the rougher bay boat and the chop.  He can sit and take the water in the air boat and sitting in the lakes is calm for him.  I take people who can't walk at all and they can go fishing in the air boat because of comfort and seating.  Anyone taken a moment to consider those points of view. Probably not.

Yes air boats are loud.  I get tired of hearing the engine roar sometimes.  They also cost a lot to run and maintain.  However, they are the most ecologically friendly boat on the water today.  Did you know an outboard actually puts oil in the water as it burns it?  Air boats don't.  Air boats don't leave scars.  None.  They mash down grass that doesn't get uprooted.  Ever.  I've watched bay boats make prop scars that take months to grow back (not years like previously thought).

It's interesting that the Florida Everglades are one of the most protected areas in the U.S.  What boat is preferred for viewing the nature of the Everglades?  Air boats.  Prop boats are under very strict scrutiny in the Everglades and are not allowed the access the air boats have.  Interesting.  Those horrible air boats actually protect our water and grass.  OK, we'll need another reason to hate them now.

I'm tired of defending air boats.  I can prove, not talk about it, but prove they don't scare your fish.  Stop moaning and come see me.  I'll show you.  In fact I'll show you for free.  I'll show you that if you were smart enough you could sit still and the fish won't move at all.  Not ten feet.  You don't want to hear that because you need an excuse to tell people why you didn't catch fish.  "I didn't catch fish because an air boat scared them away." LOl.  You didn't catch fish because you weren't good enough or weren't in the right place.  Period.

Stop complaining and moaning.  My friends will show you you're wrong and that'll be the end of it.  The gauntlet has been thrown down.  Want to pick it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment